CLEARWATER, FLORIDA, USA — LinkTek Corporation, a leading provider of data migration software, announced today the release of a new version of their LinkFixerPlus, link maintenance and repair program, designed specifically for users of Microsoft Access.
LinkFixerPlus for Microsoft Access ensures that links contained in Access files, such as object links, hyperlinks, image links and links to other Access files, are automatically maintained when files are moved or renamed. This newest release adds to LinkFixerPlus’ current ability to move and rename Excel, Word, PowerPoint, HTML, AutoCAD, InDesign, PageMaker and Windows shortcut files without causing broken links.
IT professionals who are tasked with moving end-users’ Microsoft Access files when conducting data migrations due to server consolidations, server name changes, path name changes or folder reorganizations, must also contend with the problem of ensuring that links contained within these files are not broken as a result of the move.
This is the problem that LinkTek’s patent-pending product for Microsoft Access solves. It has been designed so that IT professionals can automate the reporting, management and repair of links in Microsoft Access files so they won’t have to worry about broken links as a result of files being moved or renamed.
LinkFixerPlus for Microsoft Access gives users the ability to:
Rename or move Microsoft Access files, and the files they link to, in batch, using sophisticated rename rules, without causing broken links in the Microsoft Access files.
- Perform global search and replace operations on filenames contained in links, in large batches of Access files, with a single command.
- Generate a broken link report listing all Microsoft Access files containing broken links, so they can be fixed before causing problems.
- Generate a regular report listing each Microsoft Access file followed by a list of the files it links to.
- Generate a cross-reference report listing each Microsoft Access file followed by a list of all the files that point to it.
- Safeguard links in Microsoft Access files, allowing them to be repaired when they become broken due to files being moved or renamed.
- Fix broken links in safeguarded Microsoft Access files totally automatically.
- Report whether a file is being pointed to by any Microsoft Access file anywhere on a user’s system, thereby letting the user know whether the file is safe to delete, rename or move.
LinkFixerPlus is the first software application that can fix broken links automatically when files or folders are moved or renamed. Using patent-pending technology, LinkFixerPlus can create a variety of detailed reports, in Comma Separated Value (CSV) or HTML formats, showing all of the links contained within files, including any broken links.
First introduced at the 2002 Internet World convention in New York City won the Best of Show award in the design category. Since that time,has been favorably mentioned on: Computer America talk radio, CNET radio, CNNfn, PC Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Computer World and the Wall Street Journal.
LinkTek’s patented product, LinkFixer Advanced, automatically finds and fixes broken links in an organization’s most critical file types so that migrations and file system reorganizations can be completed quickly, accurately and without causing lost data or lost productivity due to broken file links.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, LinkTek Corporation provides the world’s leading solution for the management and automatic repair of file links found in today’s most common file formats. LinkTek’s purpose is to improve the lives of computer users, IT professionals, Records & Information Managers and CIOs by providing software that automatically repairs file links and also protects them from the effects of data migrations and user errors. For more information, visit www.linktek.com.
For immediate release
For more information about LinkFixer Advanced, please visit LinkTek’s wesite at www.LinkTek.com or call LinkTek at 727-442-1822.
Try LinkFixer Advanced today!
Data loss is common in data migrations, including to or from SharePoint. LinkFixer Advanced eliminates a primary cause of missing data – broken links.Read More
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.