CLEARWATER, FLORIDA, USA — LinkTek Corporation, a leading provider of data migration software, announced today the release of a new version of their LinkFixerPlus link maintenance and repair program, designed specifically for users of Adobe InDesign.
LinkFixerPlus for Adobe InDesign ensures that links contained in InDesign files are automatically maintained whenever files are moved or renamed — for example, when files are moved to a new folder, disk drive or server. This newest release adds to LinkFixerPlus’ ability to move and rename Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PageMaker, HTML and other popular file types without creating broken links.
Nearly all users of Adobe InDesign have links in their documents that point to external files, such as TIF, JPG or EPS graphic files. Consequently they are often faced with a special problem: what to do when they want to move or rename their linked files. As soon as any of these files (or the folders they reside in) are moved or renamed, broken links are created.
If moving or renaming a file or folder causes only a few broken links, the problem is not severe. The user can manually open each InDesign file and manually fix each broken link. But what if moving or renaming files or folders would cause dozens or hundreds of broken links?
This is the problem that LinkTek Corporation’s patent-pending product, LinkFixerPlus for Adobe InDesign, solves. Using LinkFixerPlus for Adobe InDesign an InDesign user can easily move or rename InDesign files along with the files linked to them, in batch, and have all of the links maintained totally automatically!
LinkFixerPlus for Adobe InDesign gives InDesign users the ability to:
- Rename or move linked files, in batch, using sophisticated rename rules, without causing broken links in the InDesign files that reference them.
- Safeguard healthy links in InDesign files, allowing them to be automatically repaired when they become broken.
- Fix broken links in safeguarded InDesign files totally automatically.
- Generate a broken link report listing all InDesign files containing broken links, so they can be fixed before causing problems.
- Generate a regular report listing each InDesign file followed by a list of the files it links to.
- Generate a cross-reference report listing each linked file followed by a list of all the InDesign files that point to it.
- Report whether a file is being pointed to by any InDesign file anywhere on a user’s system, thereby letting the user know whether the file is safe to delete.
- Perform sophisticated global search and replace operations on filenames contained in links, in large batches, of InDesign files with a single command.
First introduced at the 2002 Internet World convention in New York City, LinkFixerPlus won the Best of Show award in the design category. Since that time, LinkFixerPlus has been favorably mentioned on: Computer America talk radio, CNET radio, CNNfn, PC Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Computer World and the Wall Street Journal.
How To Contact LinkTek
For more information about LinkFixerPlus, please visit LinkTek’s Web site at www.linktek.com, call +1-727-442-1822 extension 9079 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data migrations can be tricky. Migrating to or from Box is no different. Get some help.Read More
Migrating to the cloud? Link-fixing software helps prevent post-migration data-loss. Chat with us about options, including a free webinar.Read More
Newest Release of Automatic Link Fixing Software Simplifies the Process of Protecting Links When Moving to SharePoint On-Premise or Online
Whether on-premises or online, a migration to SharePoint could result in data loss without the best tool for the job. Chat with us about your options.Read More