CLEARWATER, FLORIDA, USA — LinkTek Corporation announced today the release of a new version of their LinkFixerPlus link maintenance and repair program, designed specifically for users of Microsoft Office. LinkFixerPlus for Microsoft Office ensures that links contained in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files are automatically maintained whenever linked files are moved or renamed. This newest version of LinkFixerPlus is part of LinkTek’s continuing series of releases that empower the program to work with an ever-increasing variety of popular file formats.
Professional users of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint routinely have links contained in their files. And often they are faced with a special problem: what to do when they want to move or rename these files. As soon as any of these files (or the folders they reside in) are moved or renamed, broken links are created.
If moving or renaming a file or a folder causes only a few broken links, the problem is not severe. The user can manually open each file and manually edit each broken link. But what if moving or renaming files or folders would cause dozens or hundreds of broken links?
This is the problem that LinkTek Corporation’s new patent-pending product, LinkFixerPlus for Microsoft Office solves. Using LinkFixerPlus for Microsoft Office, end-users of Microsoft Office can easily move or rename hundreds of their Word, Excel and PowerPoint files, and the files they link to, in batch, and have all of the links maintained totally automatically!
LinkFixerPlus for Microsoft Office gives users the ability to:
- Rename or move linked files, in batch, using sophisticated rename rules, without causing broken links in the files that point to them.
- Safeguard healthy links in files, allowing them to be automatically fixed when they become broken.
- Fix broken links in safeguarded files totally automatically.
- Generate a broken link report listing all files containing broken links, so they can be fixed before causing problems.
- Generate a regular report listing each file followed by a list of the files it links to.
- Generate a cross-reference report listing each linked file followed by a list of all the files that point to it.
- Report whether a file is being pointed to by any Word, Excel or PowerPoint file anywhere on a user’s system, thereby letting the user know whether the file is safe to delete.
- Fix hundreds of broken links in large sets of files with a single command using sophisticated global search and replace operations.
LinkFixerPlus for Webmasters was first introduced at the Fall 2002 Internet World convention in New York City, where it won Best of Show in the design category. Since that time, LinkFixerPlus has been mentioned on CNNfn, CNET Radio, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.
Microsoft Office users can learn more about LinkFixerPlus by calling +1-727-442-1822 extension 8543 in the United States or e-mailing email@example.com. A limited-time introductory discount is available by calling the phone number above. LinkFixerPlus is compatible with most versions of Windows.
LinkTek’s patented product, LinkFixer Advanced, automatically finds and fixes broken links in an organization’s most critical file types so that migrations and file system reorganizations can be completed quickly, accurately and without causing lost data or lost productivity due to broken file links.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, LinkTek Corporation provides the world’s leading solution for the management and automatic repair of file links found in today’s most common file formats. LinkTek’s purpose is to improve the lives of computer users, IT professionals, Records & Information Managers and CIOs by providing software that automatically repairs file links and also protects them from the effects of data migrations and user errors. For more information, visit www.linktek.com.
For immediate release
For more information about LinkFixer Advanced, please visit LinkTek’s wesite at www.LinkTek.com or call LinkTek at 727-442-1822.
Try LinkFixer Advanced today!
Data migrations can be tricky. Migrating to or from Box is no different. Get some help.Read More
Migrating to the cloud? Link-fixing software helps prevent post-migration data-loss. Chat with us about options, including a free webinar.Read More
Newest Release of Automatic Link Fixing Software Simplifies the Process of Protecting Links When Moving to SharePoint On-Premise or Online
Whether on-premises or online, a migration to SharePoint could result in data loss without the best tool for the job. Chat with us about your options.Read More