CLEARWATER, FLORIDA, USA — LinkTek Corporation, a leading provider of data migration software, announced today the release of a new version of their LinkFixerPlus link maintenance and repair program, designed specifically for Adobe Acrobat users. LinkFixerPlus for Adobe Acrobat ensures that links contained in Acrobat files, such as hyperlinks, image links and links to other files, are automatically updated when files are moved or renamed. This eliminates the broken links that would otherwise be produced when PDF files are migrated to a new server or moved to a new folder. It also eliminates broken links when files referenced by PDF files are moved or renamed. This newest release adds to LinkFixerPlus’ current ability to move and rename Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, InDesign, PageMaker, HTML and Windows shortcut files without causing broken links.
IT professionals who are responsible for moving end-users’ Adobe Acrobat files when conducting data migrations, due to server consolidations, server name changes, path name changes or folder reorganizations, must also contend with the problem of ensuring that links contained within these files are not broken as a result of the move.
This is the problem that LinkTek’s patented product, LinkFixerPlus for Adobe Acrobatsolves. It has been designed so that IT professionals can automate the reporting, management and repair of links in Adobe Acrobat files so they won’t have to worry about broken links as a result of files being moved or renamed.
LinkFixerPlus for Adobe Acrobat gives Acrobat users the ability to:
- Move or rename Adobe Acrobat files, and the files they link to, in batch, using sophisticated rename rules, without causing broken links in the Acrobat files.
- Perform global search and replace operations on file names contained in links, in large batches of Acrobat files, with a single command.
- Generate a broken link report listing all Adobe Acrobat files containing broken links, so they can be fixed before causing problems.
- Generate a regular report listing each Adobe Acrobat file followed by a list of the files it links to.
- Generate a cross-reference report listing each Adobe Acrobat file followed by a list of all the files that point to it.
- Safeguard links in Adobe Acrobat files, allowing them to be automatically repaired when they become broken or when files are moved or renamed.
- Fix broken links in safeguarded Adobe Acrobat files totally automatically.
- Report whether a file is being pointed to by any Adobe Acrobat file anywhere on a user’s system, thereby letting the user know whether the file is safe to delete, rename or move.
LinkFixerPlus is the first software application that can fix broken links automatically when files or folders are moved or renamed. Using patent-pending technology, LinkFixerPlus helps eliminate the time-consuming and tedious process of manually finding and fixing broken links. Additionally, LinkFixerPlus can create a variety of detailed reports, in Comma Separated Value (CSV) or HTML formats, showing all of the links contained within files, including any broken links.
First introduced at the Internet World convention in New York City, LinkFixerPlus won the Best of Show award in the design category. Since that time, LinkFixerPlus has been favorably mentioned on: Computer America talk radio, CNET radio, CNNfn, PC Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Computer World and the Wall Street Journal.
How To Contact LinkTek
For more information about LinkFixerPlus, please visit LinkTek’s Web site at www.linktek.com, call 1-727-442-1822 extension 9376 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LinkTek’s patented product, LinkFixer Advanced, automatically finds and fixes broken links in an organization’s most critical file types so that migrations and file system reorganizations can be completed quickly, accurately and without causing lost data or lost productivity due to broken file links.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, LinkTek Corporation provides the world’s leading solution for the management and automatic repair of file links found in today’s most common file formats. LinkTek’s purpose is to improve the lives of computer users, IT professionals, Records & Information Managers and CIOs by providing software that automatically repairs file links and also protects them from the effects of data migrations and user errors. For more information, visit www.linktek.com.
For immediate release
For more information about LinkFixer Advanced, please visit LinkTek’s wesite at www.LinkTek.com or call LinkTek at 727-442-1822.
Try LinkFixer Advanced today!
Data loss is common in data migrations, including to or from SharePoint. LinkFixer Advanced eliminates a primary cause of missing data – broken links.Read More
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.