CLEARWATER, FLORIDA, USA — LinkTek Corporation announced the release of LinkFixerPlus — the first software application that fixes broken links fully automatically — at the Internet World Fall Convention in New York City on 1 October 2002.
Establishing the new category of “Automatic link repair,” LinkFixerPlus redefines existing Web site link management and repair techniques.
LinkFixerPlus main functions include:
- Inoculate: safeguards internal links ensuring they can be fixed automatically.
- Cure: automatically fixes broken links at the touch of a button.
- Report: creates a variety of detailed reports showing the links contained within Web site files and the broken links found within them.
- Rename/Move: rename and move files in batch, using sophisticated rename rules, without causing broken links.
For example, using LinkFixer Plus, a Web developer is able to Inoculate his HTML files as he creates them. Should a broken link occur in the future, LinkFixerPlus will be able to find the missing files and cure the broken links in the HTML files automatically.
“Before, I would stumble onto a broken link to a site, then I would fix it manually,” said Dan Dobson, Webmaster for the University of Florida’s College of Engineering Outreach Engineering Education Program. “Now I use LinkFixerPlus to keep a clean and well-linked Web site and spend a fraction of the time doing it!”
Broken links have hitherto been a source of constant annoyance for Web professionals who have been charged with maintaining the integrity of links within Web sites. Currently, 74% of Web professionals reported that they manually check their sites to locate broken links. 88% of Web professionals manually fix broken links on their Web sites. The remaining 12% use processes that are at most semi-automatic, using applications that show which links are broken, but still require manual editing of each broken link.
“We are thrilled to have unveiled LinkFixerPlus,” said Bruce Saliga, Project Manager for LinkTek. “Using patent-pending technology, LinkFixerPlus will help Web professionals eliminate the time-consuming and tedious process of manually finding and fixing broken links throughout their Web sites.”
LinkFixerPlus is available for purchase on LinkTek’s Web site (www.linktek.com). LinkFixer Advanced is compatible with Windows 98/ME/NT/2000 and Windows XP.
“The first time I used the ‘Autofix broken links’ process of LinkFixerPlus, I immediately saw how I could revamp large Web sites without worries,” said Chad Phillips of Visual Edge Design Inc, a Web design firm from Clearwater, Florida. “What would normally take hours or days can be accomplished in minutes with LinkFixerPlus.”
How To Contact LinkTek
LinkTek’s web site can be found at www.linktek.com. For more information, call LinkTek at +1-727-442-1822 or e-mail email@example.com.
LinkTek’s patented product, LinkFixer Advanced, automatically finds and fixes broken links in an organization’s most critical file types so that migrations and file system reorganizations can be completed quickly, accurately and without causing lost data or lost productivity due to broken file links.
Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, LinkTek Corporation provides the world’s leading solution for the management and automatic repair of file links found in today’s most common file formats. LinkTek’s purpose is to improve the lives of computer users, IT professionals, Records & Information Managers and CIOs by providing software that automatically repairs file links and also protects them from the effects of data migrations and user errors. For more information, visit www.linktek.com.
For immediate release
For more information about LinkFixer Advanced, please visit LinkTek’s wesite at www.LinkTek.com or call LinkTek at 727-442-1822.
Try LinkFixer Advanced today!
Data migrations can be tricky. Migrating to or from Box is no different. Get some help.Read More
Migrating to the cloud? Link-fixing software helps prevent post-migration data-loss. Chat with us about options, including a free webinar.Read More
Newest Release of Automatic Link Fixing Software Simplifies the Process of Protecting Links When Moving to SharePoint On-Premise or Online
Whether on-premises or online, a migration to SharePoint could result in data loss without the best tool for the job. Chat with us about your options.Read More